Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Granola

I love granola, I love cinnamon rolls...why not combine the flavors in one healthy little recipe?!  I just ate this over applesauce and it was freaking amazing!

Mix together in a bowl:
1 cup quinoa flakes (or regular old rolled oats)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup each sliced almonds and chopped pecans

Mix together in a separate bowl:
1/4 cup oil or melted butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Pour liquid mixture over quinoa mixture and mix until evenly distributed.  Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.  Be sure to stir every 10 minutes.
Cool on the sheet, it will crisp as it cools.  Store in an airtight container.
PS, quinoa flakes are now cheap and higher in protein than oats.  I buy them here: https://www.vitacostrewards.com/hzlpuvn along with most of my pantry items.  Click through my link and we each get $10 off our next order!

No comments: