Monday, August 17, 2009

Pots and Pans...

So I have been perfecting my collection of p & p for the last year or so and the one intrical piece I was missing was a 12" stainless saute pan. My dream was to buy an All Clad but I am pretty sure the hubby would freak if I spent $100+ on one pan so I decided to look around for something comparable. I was shocked and stoked to find the Tramontina (and that it was available at my local Walmart for $39.99!). It is rated very highly by Cooks Illustrated and is a Consumer Reports "Best Buy". They both consider it's performance compareable to the All-Clad. WooHoo!!!Well I tried her out last night and it was even better than I thought! I browned some meatballs and then made a white wine sauce out of the meat bits (deglazing) and then simmered the meatballs for about 20 minutes in the sauce. The pan temp stayed perfect and cleaned up AWESOMELY easy. I am in love with this pan!
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5716483


On the subject of pots and pans...

Another one I absolutely can not live without is my Le Creuset enamalized cast iron casserole. I have used the thing for everything from roasts, chili, stew, and of course, casseroles...just to name a few. I'm not sure how well the cheaper brands work but I have definately got my moneys worth out of this one...well my mom's money, it was a Christmas present.http://www.amazon.com/Creuset-Enameled-Cast-Iron-2-Quart-French/dp/B0007NIBD8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1250904856&sr=8-6

No comments: