Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pita Panzanella

My absolute favorite food EVER is panzanella (bread salad)...well I am currently on weight watchers (still trying to stick to my rules but for now I just need to get some weight off in a way I will actually stick with)  Weight Watchers is the only diet I have ever stuck with and I love that you can combine it with other plans (vegan, paleo, pescetarian, gluten free, whatever).  Anyway, this is super low points and so so SOOO good!


Spread on a baking sheet:
1/2 whole wheat pita-sliced into 4 wedges and then each wedge split apart.

Spray with olive oil (or very lightly drizzle) and then sprinkle garlic powder and pepper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, tossing once, until light brown.

In a bowl toss together some chopped tomatoes, sliced string cheese or crumbled feta, chopped basil, balsamic vinegar and crumbled pita chips.  E.A.T.

No comments: