Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Absolute Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I got this recipe out of one of my first cookbooks, "Cooking With Friends" as in Friends the TV show. I am still amazed at how good the book is and how often I use it! These cookies are AWESOME and people beg me to make them all the time. Too bad they are all that healthy.







1½ stick butter softened
¾ cup brown sugar-packed
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1¼ cup flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1½ cup raisins

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (except raisins) and then stir into butter mixture a little at a time. Fold in raisins.

Drop by heaping tablespoon full (I usea small ice cream scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.

Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies starts to brown.

2 comments:

Beth said...

So, these are Phoebe's "Best oatmeal cookies in the world"? Don't make them too often, though, or you'll make the other cookies jealous.;-)

I didn't even know there was such a cookbook. Since we're such huge Friends fans (Mike and me), we really should have a copy of this. At any rate, I'll have to have Mike make these (he's the baker). Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

They are Phoebe's "Best oatmeal cookies in the world". Funny! I made them last night and had a hard time not eating them all.