Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Loving...

Sprouted almonds from my Co-op. If you like almonds you MUST try sprouted ones.

My Juicer-the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Pro. Fresh veggie/fruit juice is way more energizing than coffee! Spinach, carrot, celery, lemon and orange is my usual.
http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-67650H-Mouth-Extractor/dp/B000FHQJ6C/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

Home-made whole wheat Pita chips dipped in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, pesto, hummus, roasted garlic or chopped sundried tomatoes...I gave up chips for lent and this is an awesome substitute! Also, if you are craving something sweet, they are awesome dipped in peanut butter.

Bethenny Frankel on "The Real Housewives of New York". She is a health food based chef and is coming out with her own products. LOVE HER!

www.cooksillustrated.com is my favorite recipe website. It isn't free, but it has the absolute best recipes and everything turns out perfect. Not the healthiest but everything is from scratch and yummy. It also has helpful reviews of appliances, cleaners, utensils etc.

Genisoy Ultra XL soy protein powder...unflavored, low calorie, low fat, high protein and high fiber. Great for smoothies. I just add one scoop, some frozen berries and water and blend.

All natural and home-made cleaning and beauty products-I've been using them for years. They are healthier, work better and smell better than mainstream chemical based products. My fave brands are: Bio-Kleen, Seventh Generation, Burts Bees, Kiss My Face, Ecover, Earth Friendly, Citra Solv, Mrs. Meyers, Method...among others. This is a good book for making your own products.

No comments: