Thursday, February 21, 2013

I got a big old bag of greens about to go bad...

...so what do I do?  Put it in pretty much everything!  This morning I got the brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea to put a couple big handfuls of baby kale into my sloppy joes.  They cook down so far that I doubt I will notice they are there and I just LOVE bulking up meaty dishes with veggies.  I also added a crapload of red bell peppers, onions and garlic...oh how I wish I had some mushrooms.  Nothing like turning 1/2 pound of 96% ground beef into 2 pounds of sloppy joe mix!  The sauce I healthed up too, ketchup (natural), Dijon mustard, a little stevia based sweetener, molasses, salt and pepper. 

I'm packing it up into my trusty soup thermos and bringing a couple low-carb tortillas for a very hearty lunch today.

No comments: