Thursday, April 11, 2013

Holy Blueberries Batman!

Going through my freezer I found two huge bags of blueberries so I guess I will be making a lot of blueberry smoothies!  I usually don't make smoothies for taste but health: frozen fruit, water, kale and protein powder.  (When I run out of fresh kale it will be frozen spinach, I am sure there is a crap load of that in my freezer too!)  They still taste pretty good but certainly not drool-worthy!  They are however extremely healthy, high in fiber and protein and low in sugar and calories.  My favorite protein powders are plain hemp or Vitacost vanilla.
I can't eat this healthy all the time so I think I will try to make a blueberry crisp tomorrow.  My grandma used to make them all the time and I haven't had it since I was a kid.  I was my favorite and I even used to request it instead of Birthday cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.