Monday, April 8, 2013

Pantry Raid! (and the fridge and freezer)

I am going to challenge myself (for many reasons) to only make food out of things we already have all week. I bought a half gallon of milk and we are pretty well stocked anyway so it shouldn't be hard but I LOVE going to get fresh produce every couple days...that will be the hardest part for me.

My first creation was greek turkey burgers with spicy tzatziki sauce.  I basically put everything Greek sounding with my 99% lean ground turkey: Greek seasoning, spinach, red onion, garlic, Kalamata olives, feta cheese and salt and pepper.  I formed patties in a oiled tart pan and baked at 375 for 30 minutes.  The sauce is greek yogurt, lime juice, garlic, chopped cucumber, salt and black and red pepper-blend in a food processor for a few pulses.  YUM!


No comments: