Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pantry Raid Day 2

Protein is the first thing I think about when I make a meal.  Chicken, beef, pork or fish is usually about it...but this week I am forcing myself to look at all the protein sources I have. Turkey, beans, eggs, canned tuna and protein powder are just laying around here waiting to be devoured.  I am also trying to go gluten free so luckily I have a bunch of GF flours and pasta around too.  For lunch today I made (brown rice) penne pasta with tuna, red bell peppers, celery and peas, tossed with garlic olive oil, Pecorino cheese and black pepper.  Boil the pasta, chopped celery and peppers until done then toss with thawed frozen peas, oil and cheese.  By the way, pecorino is my new favorite cheese, it is basically Parmesan cheese made with sheep milk.

No comments: