Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My favorite way to quick cook meat and fish

Salt and pepper the fish, boneless chicken breast/thigh, pork chop, steak, etc.
Sear each side in a hot pan for 2-3 minutes on each side, you want the meat to be browned.  While you are searing the second side add herbs and spices (garlic powder and herbes de provence are my favorites) and after the second side is seared, carefully pour in 1/4 cup water and 2 Tbs lemon juice (lime juice or any vinegar also works).  Immediately cover and steam for an additional 5 minutes or until the meat is done and water has mostly evaporated.  Uncover and add a Tbs butter to create a sauce out of the drippings and reduced lemon juice.

My cucumber salad here is made with a dressing of:
1/2 cup mayo
3 Tbs white vinegar
1 Tbs honey
1 Tbs dried dill
Salt and pepper

I also poured some of the dressing over my potato, YUM!!!

No comments: